Summer 2022 in Jerusalem: June 22 – 29, 2022
Israel and Zionism are central to North American Jewish life, but following the spring 2021 Israel-Hamas conflict we saw a distinct shift in the North American Jewish discourse. Join the conversation this summer as we shape a constructive dialogue about the future of Zionism for North American Jews:
- What are the commitments of a morally aspirational Zionism?
- What is the relationship between loyalty and accountability in our relationship with Israel?
- How do we as Jews use our power to shape our future?
- In today’s polarized world, what is the role of complexity and collaboration across difference?
- What is our hope for the relationship between North American and Israeli Jewries, and what are our responsibilities to each other?
The summer Community Leadership Program (CLP) is an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen our understanding of the core challenges impacting Jewish life and reinvigorate us to tackle the important work we are committed to advancing in our own communities.
About our Summer Community Leadership Program
The Community Leadership Program (CLP) is an intensive week-long, text-based study seminar features leading scholars in Bible, Talmud, Jewish philosophy and theology, history, and mysticism. Each summer has a theme from Jewish tradition around which texts and ideas are arranged.
The program attracts a wide range of adult learners – community leaders, philanthropists, synagogue board members, Federation lay leaders, and activists in Jewish organizations – interested in a week of pluralistic, open-minded, intellectually rigorous Jewish study that strengthens and expands their intellectual horizons, enabling them to respond more meaningfully to the contemporary issues and challenges facing Jewish life.
World Class Faculty
Exceptional Hartman scholars including Donniel Hartman, Yehuda Kurtzer, Tal Becker, Mijal Bitton, Micah Goodman, Yossi Klein Halevi, Rachel Korazim, Elana Stein Hain and other key figures in world Jewry.