Shalom Hartman Institute 2020 Summer Accommodations Information
To help you plan for your visit to Jerusalem this summer, here is some information on places you may want to stay while participating in Shalom Hartman Institute programs. For additional information, please contact Marlene Houri .
The Shalom Hartman Institute offers discounted rates at several Jerusalem hotels. Please note: Instructions differ for making reservations at each hotel. You must follow the instructions to get the discount (i.e. use corporate code when needed, or email the address provided indicating you are a Hartman participant). If you do not follow the instructions and commit to a higher rate, the hotel will not able to refund the difference upon arrival.
There are a limited number of rooms available at each hotel, which will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. We suggest you make your reservation as soon as possible.
Rates for all hotels (except Mishkenot) are for foreign tourists. As required by law, Israeli citizens will be charged 17 percent VAT.
- Room: single $140, double $155
- Jr. suite: $190, double $205
- Room: single $135, double $150
- Jr. suite: $185, double $200
Guest parking available, free Wi-Fi in lobby and rooms. Rooms have complimentary coffee/tea maker and refrigerator.
To make a reservation order online . After entering dates, but before pressing search, enter the promo code: for CLP dates (June 20–July 3), hartmanclp. For RTS dates (July 5–19), use hartmanrts. Please note: the rates which appear online will be in the shekel equivalent to the dollar price quoted above.
Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
Liberty Bell Park, 3 Jabotinsky St. (11-minute walk to the Institute). The hotel has recently finished major renovations. See their website for details. Shalom Hartman Institute rates per night including breakfast:
June 21-July 7
- Standard room, floors 4-5: single $385, double $400
- Standard room, floors 6-7 with renovated bathrooms: single $400, double $420
- Executive room, floors 8-9 floors, same as standard floors 6-7, but with executive lounge access: single $445, double $460
- Premium Courtyard Room: single $525, double $540
- Premium Old City Room: single $545, double $560
- Standard room, floors 4-5: single $285, double $300
- Standard room, floors 6-7 with renovated bathrooms: single $305, double $320
- Executive room, floors 8-9 floors, same as standard floors 6-7 floors but with executive lounge access: single $335, double $350
Guests staying in Executive and Premium rooms are welcome to use the Executive Lounge located on the 9th floor, including refreshments and light meals served all day. For rates and availability of other types of rooms contact Marlene Houri .
- Wireless Internet – the hotel provides free Wireless Internet in public areas and guest rooms.
- Free underground parking (upon availability).
- Coffee and tea set in all guest rooms. Espresso machine in Executive room, Premium room, and Suites.
- Use of the pool, fitness center, and sauna, and 10 percent discount on spa treatments.
To make a reservation contact Marlene Houri .
70 Derekh Beit Lechem (17-minute walk to the Institute). Suites include bedroom and living room, fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. Free parking and Wi-Fi provided. To include breakfast, served at a nearby restaurant, add $15 per night.
To make a reservation contact Lior Pedaya , and say you are a Hartman program participant.
- Comfort Suite: single $125, double $130, triple $135
- Garden Suite: single $155, double $160, triple $165
13 Yehoshua Bin-Nun St. (8-minute walk to the Institute). Small boutique hotel in an historic building. Shalom Hartman Institute participant receive a 20 percent discount on online rates.
To make a reservation go to their website, choose the hotel and dates you want and enter the Promo Code: BH-COR. Reservations are subject to availability. The hotel kitchen is currently undergoing renovations. If they are not completed before your arrival and you have chosen the B&B rate, you will receive a breakfast voucher for three nearby restaurants. You can also choose the Room Only option.
Mishkenot Shananim Guest House
Yemin Moshe (17-minute walk to the Institute). Overlooking the Old City, Mishkenot is a small inn-like hotel in an historic building with a unique Jerusalem atmosphere. It usually houses artists, intellectuals, and academics. Shalom Hartman Institute rates include breakfast. All rooms and suites have complimentary coffee/tea maker and Wi-Fi.
- Room: single $160, each additional person $30
- Suite: single $190, each additional person $30
- Please note there are currently no suites available for CLP dates
Rooms have bedroom and sitting area but do not have a balcony or view of old city. Suites include bedroom and either a living room or a gallery with kitchen. Most suites have a door leading to a common balcony looking out onto the old city.
For more information or to make a reservation, contact Marlene Houri with your request, including arrival and departure dates, single or double occupancy, and type of room required. Reservations will be accepted based on availability until April 29, 2020.
Short-term Apartment Rentals
Below is a list of links to websites providing short term apartment rentals. Shalom Hartman Institute is not affiliated with these websites and cannot vouch for the accuracy of their information.