Created Equal Educators Fellowship
Applications are now open for the 2nd cohort of the Created Equal Educators Fellowship, a learning laboratory for educators dedicated to shaping a constructive and critical Jewish conversation about gender and power. How can we draw on Jewish ideas and experience to elevate both discourse and behavior in our educational communities on gender and the healthy use of power?
This fellowship brings together a select group of senior Jewish educators for deep learning on topics of gender and the ethical use of power. It gives them access to a network of colleagues working on these issues and to educational and curricular materials that they can use in sharpening their own vision on these topics. The fellowship experience emphasizes text study, peer learning, and group discussion about how to incorporate the ideas studied into participants’ educational frameworks.
Application is due by September 15, 2020
Nominations accepted until September 11, 2020
The fellowship is open to senior Jewish educators including professionals who teach and set educational direction in day schools, supplementary schools, camps, rabbinical schools, Hillels, Federations and beyond.
- Applicants may possess any level of background and facility with traditional Jewish texts, but a strong interest in regular text-based learning is required
- Capacity (and future capacity) to lead within their organization and the broader community, especially in regard to cultivating healthier culture around gender and the ethical use of power
- Demonstrated record of professional achievement
- Alignment with the mission and approach of the Shalom Hartman Institute
- The fellowship will launch with an online opening intensive from Sunday, February 28, 2021 – Wednesday, March 3, 2021 (approximately three hours per day, during North American work hours).
- We will continue with twice-monthly distance learning classes from March through May 2021 (approximately 90 minutes per session, during North American work hours).
- Monthly phone calls with a learning partner to discuss applying the ideas we study to our work.
- The fellowship will conclude with an online closing intensive from Sunday, May 23, 2021 – Wednesday, May 26, 2021 (approximately three hours per day, during North American work hours).
- Fellows will be asked to share some concrete project or teaching which they are taking back to their community on the basis of the experience.
For questions or more information, please contact Sarah Mulhern, Manager of the Created Equal Project.